HVAC ventilation systems with kombi counter-flow heat exchanger
- Currently the market has the tendency to request higher and higher efficiency to fulfill the increasing demand. We have developed the system which enables to increase the air volume reducing the space. In our Kombi unit the air distribution makes it possible connecting 2 same types of heat exchanger in parallel.
- Kombi Counter-flow Heat exchanger from company ERI Corporation has been specifically designed to use the advantages of the counter-flow exchanger principle in large ventilation systems.
- With our Kombi Counter-flow Heat exchangers we already fulfill easily all the guidelines of ECO design 2018.
- The directive allows through the high efficiency values of the heat exchangers to compensate with the electrical consumption values of the fans. In this way, with a dry efficiency of 80%, it is possible to design compact air handling units.
Kombi COUNTER-FLOW HEAT EXCHANGER 3D MODEL
Anti Freezing system
By-pass and dampers
- The heat exchanger consists of many metal plates, the construction separates supply and exhaust airflows. Exhaust air stream flowing through the heat exchanger walls transmits a large part of its heat, which in turn transmit this heat to the supply air. Streams with each other do not mix. The main disadvantage of the metal heat exchanger is condensation, because presence of condensation at low temperature can cause frost risk. Therefore, to avoid it a defrost mode is entered when the supply air is passed through the by-pass (passing the heat exchanger). Whereas until the cold air goes through the bypass and the heat exchanger is defrosted. The bypass system can be at any part of exchanger and the dampers after it or conversely.
- There is a small effect to fan power consumption, but on the other hand we are in presence of a higher seasonal efficiency than that for physically smaller, but higher pressure drop exchanger. Dampers allows to control air temperature. Dampers working principle based on rotation principle, that means that when one damper starts opening, another starts closing simultaneously.
Height of damper flaps profiles
|50 A||50 mm||Hidden gears|
|100 A||100 mm||Hidden gears|
Usage class and Application area
|C(3)||Dwellings, Houses, Flats, Apartments|
|AH aluminum handle|
|PA preparation for electric actuator (side mounted)|
|PT preparation for electric actuator (top mounted)|
Our selection software calculates the necessary technical operating data of heat exchangers, and is also available as stand-alone Black Box or as dll – ready for an integration into your running calculation system.Download selection software
SIZES AND DIMENSIONS
- The air resistance increases with nominal airflow (1.9 m/s) to about 15 Pa, which is doubled for the parallel circuit
- The following table shows all available models of aluminum plate counter-flow heat exchangers and overall dimensions.
- The sides A, B, D, E, F, G are fixed. The dimension C is the width of the exchanger and can be set manually.
- The width of all available exchanger models can be manufactured from 100 mm to 1000 mm in one-piece unit.
- The heat exchanger will be delivered in few identical blocks if the width is more than 1000 mm.
- Ability to set the built-in bypass channel for all sizes, the parameters are calculated automatically by the selection program.
COUNTER-FLOW KOMBI HEAT EXCHANGER SIZES
Loading sizes of heat exchanger...
- The Kombi counter-flow is produced in aluminium high grade.
- Materials are identical to the materials used in the main application against corrosive conditions and sea water resistant.
- Examination according to VDI 6022 criteria.
- Apply to the inertness test, microbial safety and hygiene.
- This applies to: aluminium foil – quality: alloy 8079
- Aluminium sheets – grade: EN AW-5754 (AlMg 3).
Kombi Counter-flow Heat exchangers can be with different coating types
- Aluminum is the best corrosion protection. Used most pure aluminum alloy with a minimum content of iron and copper, which mainly effect on the quality resistance against the corrosion. We use aluminum alloy under the number 8079, the characteristic of "0".
- Gold epoxy. Suitable conditions for a high probability of corrosion emergence or under stringent exploitation requirements. Full protection against aggressive environments by isolating the end portions of the plates. First-class solution for use in the marine environment, for swimming pool applications, areas near the coast, painting tanks and boats.
- Hydrophilic coating changes the properties of the surface of the heat exchanger and significantly reduces the angle drop. There are some main advantages: fast removal of moisture from the heat exchanger and reduces its overall resistance increase freezing by 20%, is used for the adiabatic air conditioning systems.
- Antibacterial. Antibacterial treatment achieved by using an effective noble metal compound. Creates an unfavorable environment for bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi upon contact with surfaces that prevent their reproduction and subsequently the emergence of various diseases.